Saturday, September 8, 2012

June 2012 Shiki kukai

I've talked here before about how I've been participating in and struggling with the monthly shiki kukai contests without ever topping it once! The last one in July was another sorry tale that I'd rather not talk about at all, but in June I came pretty close to it, I was placed second in both the formats with a mere 2 or 3 points separating me from the winner.And I was mighty pleased with it, in fact so pleased that I don't know how i managed to stay so long without bragging about it here. Shows what age does to you. So here are my two second -placed entries.

In the kigo section, the kigo was "ice cream", so no wonder I could write something that was well-received.


ice cream
on the patio-
strawberry moon


In the free format section, the prompt was, "day moon".


undecided
whether to leave or linger-
day moon

Hope you will like them too.

No comments: