Monday, September 3, 2012

August NaHaiWriMo - final week

Whew! That was some week! Some month! Cara Holman started the week with a gentle prompt, but after that it was an uphill struggle for me. I don't know if they were really so hard or it was just me who found them so, because of my nagging health problems which won't let me focus on anything, but anyway, I am happy that I stuck it through and here are my poems for the final week.

August 25 - " summertime childhood memory" - Cara Holman



raising caterpillars
until one day
the blue moth


August 26 - "time" - Jessica Tremblay


faint heartbeats-
the old clock
ticking away



August 27 - "beatles song" - Johannes S.H.Bjerg

This one was particularly difficult for me, not being well-acquainted with the beatles' songs. But everybody else enjoyed it hugely.


let it out
and let it in,
Hey Jude, begin-
the movements you need
for your frozen shoulder



blue moon-
two of us sunday driving,
not arriving...




August 28 - "wishes/dreams" - Pamela Cooper


blowing
on an eyelash-
the path of a wish



August 29 - "health care" - Dave Serjeant

This one was closer home.


all the pills
by my bedside-
who needs a moon?




August 30 - "fence" - Terri Hale French

first light-
a shoe stuck
in the barbed wire fence


fence gate-
where she waited for us
to come home



August 31 - "moon viewing" - Alex Benedict

blue dusk-
she lifts her veil a little
to view the moon


So that's how the month ends. And looking back, it seems I have been writing mostly about moons throughout the month!


For the month of September, Johannes Bjerg is providing the prompts and going by the first few days' prompts , this month is going to be such an awesome one!I would have loved to participate this month as well if i could, but something tells me perhaps it's time to step back for a while ...

No comments: