Tuesday, January 7, 2014

January mindful writing, day 7

A small stone is a short piece of writing
 (prose or poetry)that precisely captures
 a fully-engaged moment
Satya Robyn

To find out more about about the January writing challenge, click here.http://www.writingourwayhome.com/day-1-january-mindful-writing-challenge-post-your-small-stone-here/









A rejection is a rejection is a rejection. Yet I get into a battle of words with the editor when he rejects my work with the comment, "they aren’t that bad”! Ouch, that hurts! When I protest, he says, “not that bad” only means that they need some more revision; according to him, had he said, “not that good”, that would have meant they are really bad.This new line of thought floors me. I want to argue more... being at the receiving end of a rejection is never a good feeling... but I stop myself. What’s the point?


late afternoon
the lime green of the meadow
stains the skyline

No comments: