Wednesday, April 1, 2015

NaPoMo, April 1

April might have gotten a bad name when T.S.Eliot called it the cruellest month, but April is also called the National Poetry Month (NaPoMo), and though the trend originated in America, now it is observed almost worldwide, when poetry is celebrated by poets, readers and booksellers especially
in various ways. Many also do participate in NaPoWriMo (National poetry writing month) by writing a poem everyday throughout April.Since my own poeticity has reached a new nadir, I've decided to celebrate NaPoMo by posting a favourite poem of mine (by others) each day here on the blog.At least I can do that.

So I start today with this tanka by Amelia Fielden.



no special date
just another breakfast
when I pour
cornflakes into a bowl
and miss Dad bitterly

Amelia Fielden




No comments: