Sunday, August 25, 2013

life

 I had vowed to take a break from poetry two days back, hence no post from me in the past two days.
But along comes this prompt today from Michele Harvey on NaHaiWriMo and these lines follow. I don't know if you can call them poetry or haiku, but here they are for whatever they are!

August 25, 2013
Prompt: life


life            hung out to dry on the clothes-line



life
waiting huddled
at the bottom
of the stairs




life
coming home doused
with the scent of grass




life
I try you out
in front of the mirror




life 
leaping a little
 higher





life...
no loitering
 here




life  as soon as I forget about you




life    even without you    life





life
...because
you asked

 

 

4 comments:

_kala said...

Love them, Sanjuktaa!

Unknown said...

Beautiful!!!

MineOwn.. said...

Good collection!
Love, Anitha.

sanjuktaa said...

Kala, Kash, Anitha...thanks a bunch!