Tuesday, January 8, 2013

he doodles, you ku - week 1

We  have already begun the second week of He doodles, you ku at Aubrie Cox's blog Yay Words and these are the poems I posted in response to HM Yuan's doodles, but I think they sound better and make much more sense when read alongside the doodles, so I'd suggest you take a look here or click on the corresponding day below, to see each day's doodles and read all the beautiful responses by other poets.

 My poems:



this wait
for the balloon man-
summer grass growing





coffee mist…
I wonder if he left
the ring back home






the things you tell me,
the things you don’t…
spring sky





s t r e t c h i n g s t r e t c h i n g
I return to myself





recess hour
those tamarind balls
over too soon




hands entwined
at the top of the Ferris wheel




in your shadow-
trying out
my new wings

 or,

in your shadow-
I learn to spread 
my new wings




day after
day after day-
eating alone
at the table
meant for twelve


and

 old moon carrying you in my pocket this long day







No comments: