Monday, February 20, 2012

February NaHaiWriMo - Day 20 - T


Things are getting stranger with each passing day. T for "talus"...yes, you've heard that right, that was today's prompt! Freddy Ben-arroyo wrote:

not phallus,
TALUS--
google it


And I'm inclined to agree with him. But since I'm a prim and propah kind of bengali lady, i must write a prim and propah kind of haiku. So this is what i wrote:

walking on talus--
she asks what happened
that summer



talus we too wait for the spring rain

And if you don't know what "talus" is, you can find it out here.

1 comment:

Yousei Hime said...

I found the word rather awkward as well. I will say I took to it once I could get past its embarrassing rhyme-mate. I agree with you about sandal as well, deceptively difficult. Still ... having fun. :D