Friday, December 23, 2011

Poems to remember from 2011 - day 6, flowers and blossoms

"The violets in the mountains have broken the rocks." ~Tennessee Williams


So shall we go picking the blossoms and flowers today? (Though I must admit to a personal preference for the wildflowers!)



abandoned building site wildflowers in progress

Melissa Allen




every spring
a little more alone
wild violets

Melissa Allen




old sage's desk...
just enough space
for violets

L.Costa




the old hurts
resurfacing -
bluebell sky


Sandra Simpson





night blooming jasmine
some prefer whiskey
to chamomile tea

Marian Olson





pear blossoms...
which one of these houses
was yours?

Laura Garrison




plum tree
only
when it blooms

Alegria Imperial





mellowing...
the slam dunk of blossoms
through the rusted hoop

Claire Everett





another biopsy -
plucking at the flowers
of my hospital gown

Cara Holman




snowdrops
or butterflies
every place
every season
is perfect

Christina Nguyen



I know I am missing many other lovely haiku here, especially because I'm yet to go through the latest issues of NFTG and AHG fully. This only skims the surface of my memory.



North star obscured...
wild honeysuckle somewhere
in the dark

Peggy Willis Lyles



2 comments:

Yousei Hime said...

Just wanted to stop in a wish you an enormous bouquet of holiday blessings. Many of today's names are familiar, and all the haiku have an unforgettable aroma. I look forward to my next walk in this garden.

sanjuktaa said...

Thank you, Yousei. Belated Merry Christmas and Happpy holidays to you too.